How Are We Different?
There are many layers to Hagley that make us such a unique and successful school. From our culture and environment to the extensive study options we offer. Take a look!
- We don’t wear a uniform at Hagley. We’re all equals here that like to express our individuality…our students love that they can show their own style and personality.
- We pride ourselves on giving our students the best chance at success! We are able to do this through offering study options that you can’t find elsewhere. It’s seriously cool!
- The Hagley staff are what makes this place thrive. We run a well oiled machine to ensure each of you get the most out of your education. And yes…there’s no Mr this or Mrs that…just first names.
- Blue hair, dark skin, glasses, freckles…whatever! We celebrate difference at Hagley. Understanding students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures is a strength of ours and we love the fact we have a diverse, colourful campus.
- From the get go, you are treated as a unique individual. This sets Hagley apart.
- We find your best class fit based on your needs and goals.
- Hagley is renowned NZ wide for having innovative and creative education. We are always looking for ways to keep moving forward in terms of new programmes, exciting pathways and ways of learning. This is a core value of Hagley’s mission.
At most high schools, students start at Year 9. At Hagley, you can start in the course and level that’s right for you. Whether you come from primary school to join us at Year 9, switch from another high school into our Senior College, or come back to learning after a break, there’s plenty for you to choose from.
From specialist full and part-time programmes, adult education, tertiary pathways and After 3 night classes, Hagley has something for everyone with the ultimate goal of making lifelong learning accessible to all.
The core of the College with courses for students from Years 9-13. Based around NCEA in the senior school, and with a Hagley credit system in Years 9 and 10. Students are catered for as individuals and are able to manage courses around their needs and pathways, often working in multi-level NCEA study at different ages and stages.
There are three colleges within the Core:
- Junior Graduating College (Years 9-10)
- Year 11 Graduating College
- Senior College (Years 12 and 13)
TERTIARY PATHWAYS AND SPECIALIST COURSES
Courses designed to cater for students passionate about training in certain areas, often with strong links to industry, to provide clear pathways to tertiary learning and careers. You can view these under ‘Study Options’ in the main menu.
The Hagley After 3 programme allows adults to study a vast range of courses in the evening. You can view the courses here.